Friday, March 04, 2005

More comments

Here are some of the comments from readers over SaveDoNotCall.com since yesterday. You can submit comments of your own by clicking here.

I am a memeber of Fifth Third Bank and am disappointed that they would want to invade my privacy after doing so many years of business with them. If this law is overturned I will be sure to seek out a new bank that did not participate in this nonsense to do my business with.

***

When I first found out about this site I was so happy! I said to myself at last there's the answer to those annoying telemarketers. I readily spread the news to all my friends thru e-mail. Most of the time we have to screen our calls. I think it should stay. You're not alone, please count on us!

***

First, I would like to thank our Indiana Attorney General for making all of us aware of the attempt by the CBA to change the rules of our strong Do-Not-Call law to the weak Federal law, and providing the names of the banks which are supporting CBA's position.
This attempt by CBA ranks right up there with identity theft, because if they convince the FCC of the need for change listed in their petition we will once again have our privacy and precious time stolen by these nitwits at all hours of the day and night. If I wanted these calls I would not have signed the Do-Not-Call List, how hard is that to understand????
I have sent my comments to the FCC in opposition to CBA's petition and have contacted the two banks on the list that I have accounts with, National City and Bank One/Chase, at the corporate e-mail contacts with my opposition of their support for the CBA in this action and what I,as a customer, plan to do if the petition is ratified by the FCC.
Let us hope that the FCC can see the power play the CBA is trying to run past them, and they realize if we Hoosiers' wanted to be called we would not have signed the list in Indiana!!!

***

It seems very simple to me that if I placed my name in the DO NOT CALL LIST then it should be very obvious that I DO NOT WANT TO BE CALLED by telemarketers whether from charitable,retailcompany,banks,or church organizations. MY PHONE is for MY PRIVATE USE. I am the administrator of my houshold and until these solicitors start paying the bills for MY PHONE and MY INTERNET ACCOUNTS I will choose who contacts me and for what, regardless if they have dealt with me in the past. I say that because the issue of SPAM being the alternate way of some to randomly invade my privacy. As a word to the wise please always check any wording when you register hardware and software for your computer. Read the fine print before you click SUBMIT and uncheck anything that allows third party solicitations to your email address. You have no idea how many email accounts I have had to delete in the past because of these intrusive advertisements. Place your flyers in the grocery stor! es like countless others do. Some may be ugly but at least they respect my right to view or not view them and who knows? Some are quite effective in your search for new clients. The point being to all you bank personnel, drop your bull*&^%, and deal with the fact that this country and it's people have spoken so respect it now or pay for it later when you have no customers!

***
I will change banks if necessary to stop your efforts of busting the "Do Not Call" law. I bank with Bank One and Fifth Third and heed my threats. "DO NOT CALL"

***

I can assure fifth third my busnisess will go elsewhere....your bottom line will not invade the privacey of my house however greedy you are...........George S.....is this the extent of your bussiness imagination to become a bottom dweller like so many other companies. Stop and think about it...the law was inacted for a reason. If you had a better bussiness plan this invasion of my privacey would not be necessary. Small thinkers!!