Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Comments galore

Here are some of the comments from readers over SaveDoNotCall.com since Monday. You can submit comments of your own by clicking here.

How dare you! You are personally trying to violate my personal rights & it is an invasion of my privacy. I do not appreciate getting calls anytime of the day or night. It always seemed the phone rang just when me & my family were sitting down for dinner. You may want to reconsider your decision on this matter. Alot of folks are really angry about banks like yourselves trying to invade our privacy. I know that if you get the no call list dropped, I personally will NOT do banking at any of the banks that participate.

***

To whom it may concern,

Please drop your petition to the FCC to nullify the Indiana Do Not Call list. My wife and I have multiple accounts with Wells Fargo and National City, and would have no problems switching everything (several checking accounts, a savings account, a brokerage account, student loans, and a mortgage account) over to a banking institution that believes that protecting their customers' privacy is more important than trying to squeeze them while they are trying to eat their dinner / sleep / relax.

Please contact me and reassure me that you plan on dropping this (rather unpopular) petition, or contact me and explain to me why you believe it is so important that you wish to spam / anger your customers (and losing them in the process).

***

I don't want to be bothered by sales calls!

***

Please do not let a bunch of people call me again for things I don't want!!

***

Dear Bank Representatives,

I am asking that your bank & the other members of the CBA to withdrawn your petition to the FCC to alter or eliminate Indiana’s Do Not Call List. We do not want the law to be changed or replaced by the weaker Federal statue.

We, as well as the overwhelming majoring of Hoosiers (& Americans), find Telemarketers as an unwanted intrusion & complete nuisance. These calls are a waste of their time & ours; we have never done business with Telemarketing firms & never will.

I would think in a highly competitive business like banking in Indiana, the last thing a smart businessperson would want is any part of promoting such a hated industry.

If the CBA moves forward with this petition, Hoosiers will act in kind by moving their accounts to banks & credit unions that respect our privacy.

***

How dare you try to change a Law that is overwhelmingly popular with the Citizens of Indiana?

I was sick and tired of constant sales and marketing calls. Such calls essentially ceased once Indiana’s “Do Not Call Law” was passed. Why do the Banks want to change this Law?

Have the Banks decided to become the “champions” of the “sales and marketing” POND SCUM who harass people during their diner hours with unexpected and unwanted “cold call” sales calls? Or have you decided to become part of this low life species?

It’s bad enough that all of you are OUT-OF-STATE BUSINESSES - that none of you are based in Indiana. That alone suggests you really have no ties to the State of Indiana. But by your actions relative to this Law, you are in the process of nullifying and wasting millions of dollars of television advertising that you have spent trying to convince us how “Community Oriented” you are. Huntington Bank and Fifth Third Bank’s advertising immediately comes to mind.

One thing I can personally promise you - if you are successful in getting the FCC to supplant this Indiana Law with a weaker Federal Law, I will make sure that my wife and I close any and all accounts, loans, or credit arrangements we have with any of your Banks.

And by the way, I can’t help but comment on how massively STUPID and AFFECTED the name “Fifth Third Bank” sounds!

***

What gives you the right to take away my right to privacy? I choose to be on the do not call list because of the vast number of phone calls I was recieving during the day. I do business with 2 of the banks on the list and will immediatly terminate my relationships with them for banks that are not on the list. I work third shift, My sleeping hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. which are all in the hours you are asking to make calls in. How would you like getting phone calls at home from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.. I dont think you would like it, besides if I want to do business with these banks I will go to them, but not if they call me. I won't do business with people that don't respect my right to rest and spend time with my family with out having the phone ring every five min. You are those people that live in the office and put business before your family which is sad. just remember for every person you call you will lose the business of another.

***

Leave us alone ! Do you want your customers calling you at home to ask for a loan?Do you want customers calling during your evening begging you to sponser a softball team!? Would you want customers calling you to ask you to forgive a delinquent loan!???How about explaining the difference between a CD and a 401K?? I can think of many time consuming things to bother you with!!! Will you be willing to take time away from helping your children with homework to answer my questions??? Would you be happy to ignore your child that wants a bedtime story so you can tell me that my safe deposit box is actually safe??? Would you be willing to be very late to a school function so that I can reorganise my checking account over the phone???If you dont mind the constant barrage of phone calls,I dare you to post your home phone on the internet so everyone can put you on their DO CALL LIST! Do you people realise that for the majority of people, this type of harrasment is actually counterproductive!!!I for one will turn away any telephone soliciter whether its from a bank or whatever!This is nothing more than legalized harrassment and we dont want to be intruded on in our private time! I support the DO NOT CALL LIST and I do not want to be bothered at home! Its enough to be spammed on the internet by the same type of soliciters, but at least we have the option of deleting unwanted e-mail! Do Not Call means exactly that!!! DO NOT CALL

***

Your time is valuable and so is mine, so I'll be direct and to the point. Like countless other individuals in the state of Indiana, I placed my name on the state DO NOT CALL LIST for reasons that should be obvious to anyone of average intelligence. Nevertheless, the disturbing news recently released by the Attorney General's office has made it clear that I cannot make assumptions about who will be reading this, so I'll spell it out:

ANY BANK INCLUDING NATIONAL CITY BANK, WILL IMMEDIATELY LOSE MY DEPOSITS OF THEY CONTINUE WITH THIS PETITION.

I DO NOT WANT TO BE CALLED ON THE TELEPHONE, NOR MAILED, WHETHER ELECTRONICALLY OR OTHERWISE, BY ANY INDIVIDUAL, ELECTRONIC OR MECHANICAL DEVICE, OR REPRESENTATIVE OF ANY CORPORATION OR OTHER ORGANIZATION FOR THE PURPOSE OF SOLICITING DONATIONS OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION, NOR FOR THE PURPOSE OF INFORMING ME OR MY HOUSEHOLD OF ANY OFFERS OF ANY CONTESTS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF ANY PRE-EXISTING BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP OR ABSENCE THEREOF.

***

why dont you people work on the behalf of the people for once and earn your pay instead of selling out to special intrest groups.this is crap! no one wants all these damn calls every freekin time you answer the phone.If you let this go through I will personally have my phone disconnected,how the hell will you like it when the phone companies go out of business?you allow hundreds of junk mailers go out stop the damn phone calls!!!