Friday, February 25, 2005

Still more comments

Yes, we have even more comments from readers over SaveDoNotCall.com, these since Wednesday. You can submit comments of your own by clicking here.

Count me as an impressed voter for our Attorney General. Few politicians follow through on their proposals as well as he has and our lives have been enriched for his efforts. Let's support him, and ourselves, to the best of our ability. I have e-mailed and called my bank, Wells Fargo, to no avail. I will be switching to a non-member (of CBA) bank for future business and want to impress upon all that this will not only allow your bank to call, but also any of their affiliates (read their privacy rules) which means that Citigroup (a CBA member) can call you as well as their brokerage firm Smith Barney or vice versa. If you check your vendor lists you may be surprised who is affiliated with whom. I already see Discover, MBNA and some mutual fund companies that I do business with are all on the CBA member list and that alone is scary, may cost me some personal relationships and possibly money but long term it will be worth it.

***

I certainely have enjoyed the peace and " non ringing" solitude of my weekends. Forget trying to take a nap on Sunday afternoon before Steve Carter implemented the do not call list. I received calls from 7:30AM - 10:00PM on a continual basis, daily.Forget trying to be polite to these peace disturbing ,home wrecking, interupters of privacy ,no quality of life companies, that do not take no for an answer. For every refusal I was plagued with five additional phone calls from the same company on the same day.I even started to ask them to contribute to my favorite charity the preservation of the Riegle children college fund. Somehow,they did not seem to find this amusing. BUT!!!! Behold The Underlying Truth!!! I did not find their imposition on my time, telephone and household amusing either. I voted for Mr. Carter because he found these unsoliticed telephone calls for what they are annoying!!!! and did something wonderful. If we do not save the do not call list! , I will be forced to save my sanity by removing Mr. Bells' invention from my home.
Thank-you for allowing me to speak my uinsolicited response.

***

Plese do not interrupt our lives with these calls! My family and I will not do business with a corporation that feels they can disrupt our lives, on any day, time or evening. These times are special to us.

I, nor my family, would not do any business with a company that feels they can "come into our home" without an invitation. Our dearest friend would not do this, please don't do this either.

YOU'RE NOT INVITED! GET THE MESSAGE! We will not do business, nor vote for anyone who would approve of this outrageous interruption against our wishes!

***

I pay for my telephone service they don't. I believe I should have a say to stop these calls. If they pay $90.00 monthly for my telephone sevice and only than can they call me and only once monthly. These calls are just as bad as spam every day in my emails. It's a darn shame that we don't have a say in this, where has are freedom gone? This is not freedom this is dictatorship. It's not right, it's not fair, and it's not freedom. I don't want them calling me at all!!!!

***

I have greatly appreciated being on Indiana's Do Not Call list. It has been wonderful to not receive telemarketing calls--some of which were made without any respect to the time of day, and some of which were rude. Instead of detracting from Indiana's Do Not Call list, I recommend that the Federal Do Not Call list guidelines be upgraded. The ideal would be that no organization be an exception for the Do Not Call list. It is inappropriate for consumers to have their telephone lines used for telemarketing purposes. It is the consumers who pay for the telephone service, not the telemarketers, and getting Caller ID to screen out telemarketers would add to the consumers' expense.

***

I pay my phone bill, the banks don't. When the time comes that the banks do pay for my phone, then they would have the right to call me any time they wanted. My phone is for my convenience, not the banks'.

***

This is the letter that I sent to the CBA Directors. I live in Columbus. The following states my position on this travisty.

To: CBA Directors
This is in regard to the Do Not Call List. Before requesting to be included on this list, my family received at least 10 calls EVERY day from solicitors, telemarketers, credit card offers, etc. It was infuriating. Since I have signed up on the No Call List, I have gotten my privacy back.
It is my hope that this law will not be weakened and the calls be allowed to begin again. I am not interested in telephone solicitations and never have been. You are not welcome to call me without my permission. It is a most unwelcome invasion of my home and my time.
I am certain that the other residents of Indiana who have signed up on this list have done so for a reason and that is so that we are not bothered by these intrusions.
It is unbelievable that we have to have a law that protects us against these invaders of our homes. And it is even more unbelievable that it is possible that this protection may be removed without my permission.
I cannot express how strongly I feel about this. Do not weaken this law.