Tuesday, February 22, 2005

More reader comments

Here are some of the comments from readers over SaveDoNotCall.com since yesterday. You can submit comments of your own by clicking here.

Please add my name to the list to block unwanted telemarketer
phone calls. I have so appreciated not having our evening
meal interrupted by these peeveish phone solicitors. It is
a sacrilage to use a wonderful invention -- the telephone --
to intrude upon the privacy of our homes.

***

I am in favor of the Do Not Call List. I am a Chemo patient who suffers from many symptoms especially fatigue. It is quite a task to fulfill minor routine daily chores. I despise it when the phone rings and I have to exert my limited strength resourses just to get up and answer the phone. When I hear a telemarketer on the other end, I am furious! If they want to advertise their services then let them use the U.S. Postal service--not my phone.

***

If I didn't invite you into my home, stay out. This includes trying to crawl in through the phone lines.

***

I just emailed Bank One and let them know that, if they won the battle to overturn the Indiana do not call list, they will lose my business. I notice that my credit union is not pushing this agenda, so I could just as easily switch all my banking to my credit union. The only inconvenience is that the CU has less ATMs, but I let Bank One know that that is a small price to pay for keeping my name on the do not call list. Besides, I don't want my money being handled by banks who think that calling people at home is essential to their future. If so, why are the credit unions not part of this effort? I encourage everyone to let their banks know that they could win the battle but lose the war, if we switch our accounts to the credit unions. I am very grateful to the Indiana Attorney General for calling this to our attention! Had they not done so, few of us would have known about this, or had any idea what we could do to stop this.

***

does the consumer have no rights !!!! I do not want to be called or I would not have signed up for the list. Do you not understand English !!!!!!!

***

I feel we should keep the "Do Not Call" list. I was so tired of getting phone calls all day long from solicitors. I'm sure it raised my blood pressure because I would tell them to take me off their calling list and they would continue to call. I would then get irate with them. That, of course, didn't stop them from calling again. Also, if they start calling my cell phone, they will be using up my minutes. I don't want them waisting my minutes!!! Please save the Do Not Call list!!!