Friday, February 18, 2005

More comments from readers

Here are some of the comments we received from readers today:

Why must big business think they have a right to market whatever with no regard to the private citizens wish not to be bothered? I find it angering that this overturning the privacy of the no call list is in the interest only of the banking industry to find more monies. It has nothing to do with the private citizens. On the monring of 2/17, I told the teller at my Keybank branch that I didn't want them to pursue this-she told me I needed caller id to not take the call when a bank called--obviously she had an answer for a customer expressing their views!

***

There is nothing that is more madding, than to be on your cell phone, and recieve a soliciting call, unsolicited! It makes my blood pressure rise 50 points. I'm paying air minutes so I can conduct MY business, not so that others can give ME the "BUSINESS". Please protect our privicy. There are so few places left.

***

My suggestion: Don't just post the phone numbers of the banks...find the HOME numbers of the executives that RUN these banks. Then we can call THEM at HOME to let them know we don't want them to take away our Indiana Do Not Call list.

I would think that our signing up for ANY DNC list demonstrates that we do NOT want to receive telemarketing calls at home.
Thanks!

***

I am very grateful for the "Do Not Call" list, and would be disappointed if it were discontinued. The phone no longer interrupts us at dinner and it no longer wakes up my napping children. Please help continue to protect our privacy.

***

Save the present list AND ADD the deleted firms, such as insurance, political parties, funding organizations of medical conditions,police,ect.

***

The phone number for the Consumer Bankers Association is 703-276-1750. They have a voice mail. I suggest calling it to make your calm, clear and firm statement of dissent concerning any attempt to circumvent our Do Not Call list Laws. You should also call your local branch manager, your bank's executive offices (which your branch manager will happily provide) and e-mail the CBA direct via their website at WWW.CBANEC.NET.

We must continue to fight for our right to privacy!